- Trip Styles
- About us
Colombia’s World Record: International Poncho Day
Obtaining a world record gives people hope to set themselves apart from the crowd, and in the small town of Nobsa, Colombia they did just that. On International Poncho Day, the whole town came together after working hard for two long months to display the largest poncho that was ever made. Over 1,500 pounds of wool were used to create this magnificent poncho which was then displayed and draped around the town’s Cathedral. Everyone gathered in the town square to remember this special day, to support their local economy as well as the local artists and their artisan skills.
International Poncho Day excludes no one. Watch the video to see birds, dogs and even lambs walking around the street in handmade ponchos. This is by for one of the coolest world records Colombia has received to this day.
Toll Free US & Canada 1-888-238-1602
UK (020) 3514 3192
Tweets from @viventuraTweets by @viventura
- 17 Myths About Argentina – We Find Out the Truth
- The Most Popular South American Books Ever
- Visiting Machu Picchu with Viventura and the Marketing Globetrotters.
- Visiting Sacred Valley in Peru with Viventura and Marketing Globetrotters
- Is Guinea Pig Going to be My Next Favorite Food? Viventura Marketing Globetrotters test the Peruvian cuisine!